Monday, June 18, 2012

Paper Plate Butterflies

Yep... another paper plate craft! (We have many, many paper plates in our house...) This was a craft I originally found on Pinterest a while ago. I made it with my kids without double checking the Pinterest version so it came out a little different. Either way, it's a butterfly and it was easy  to make and fun to do! There is no wrong way to do a project with your kids!!

As with the paper plate caterpillars we've already made, we used our "Do A Dot Art Markers" to decorate a paper plate.Make a rounded "v" cut about at third of the way down the plate. Overlap the two pieces with their outside round edges touching and staple them together.  Molly (5) and Ben (2) glued craft pom poms to create the  body (Ben had a little help with his).  Finally, twist a half-size piece of a chenille stem and tape it to the back to be the antennas.  I love having these coloring butterflies up in my kitchen window!



No comments: