Thursday, September 27, 2012

Easy Ideas for Busy Bags


Many Busy Bag activities are homemade, but they don't have to be! It is OK to take the easy route and bag up some store bought activities for your kids. The activity will be new and appealing to your child and these silly foam locking shapes are a perfect example! We've had these forever but my kids have neglected them for a long time. Ever since I stuck them in a Busy Bag, Molly (5) can't get enough of them! I'm so impressed that she uses them to make roads, practice counting, and create really great 3-dimensional shapes! You can find them in sets of 9 at a dollar store and they come in several character designs.


Lacing cards are a great addition to your Busy Bag collection! I've seen several sets on Pinterest that are homemade from card stock and hole punches... but believe it or not I don't own a plain hole punch! Yes, I have little heart shaped ones and a big circle one, and ones shaped like cats and leaves and spiders... but no regular one! So instead I found this CUTE set for a buck at a dollar store and that's good enough for me!


Here are two examples of homemade activities I've included in our Busy Bag collection. These items have previously been featured on my blog so I won't go into detail with them but I will include a link to those posts! The first is a set of roads made out of old denim and a few toy cars. You can read more about it here


This last one is a homemade Tic Tac Toe game. My daughter and I enjoy playing this one together, of course, and my son (2) just gets a kick out of sticking on the pieces! You can read about how to make it here



No comments: